New Content Daily Sign Up Here


10 Must Have Resources for a Hong Kong Legal Dependant Visa

May 7th, 2019

Posted by / in Family Visas, Musing, Resource / 10 responses


First Published July 1, 2013

Continuing our series of 10 Must Have Resources, I have put together this list of materials from our various websites which is designed to help steer you through the process of acquiring a dependant visa for Hong Kong. Remember, for temporary residents this means visas for spouse and unmarried dependant children under the age of 18 or otherwise in full time education.  For permanent and other long stay residents, you can add dependant parents over the age of 60 to those who are eligible.

SAME SEX PARTNER UPDATE – New law from 2018

PLAN – Getting started on your Hong Kong dependant visa application

CHECKLIST – The documents you need for your Hong Kong dependant visa application

OFFICIAL FORMS – The forms used to apply for and secure a dependant visa for Hong Kong

MOVIE – What your spouse can expect during the dependant visa application process

MAINLAND SPOUSE – Can you get a Hong Kong dependant visa for him or her – will they qualify?

NOT MARRIED YET? – But thinking about it for the purposes of a getting a Hong Kong dependant visa?

MARRIAGE  BROKEN DOWN? – What to do if you can no longer maintain your dependant visa due to relationship break up

CASE STUDY – The visa situation for a non traditional, blended family situation in Hong Kong

D-I-Y VISA KIT – Everything you need to apply for a secure a Hong Kong dependant visa

EXTENSION – Extending your Hong Kong dependent visa when it is coming up for renewal


More “Must Have” Resources You May Find Useful

10 Must Have resources for a Hong Kong investment visa application

10 Must Have resources for a Hong Kong QMAS visa application

10 Must Have resources for a Hong Kong employment visa application

10 Must Have resources for a successful Hong Kong permanent residency application


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

  • FS

    2 Aug 2020 pm31 10:33pm

    I got married last year December.
    Now I have to apply dependent Visa for my wife.
    Do I have to show income proof as it’s still COVID-19 going on. I am jobless and no income from last 9 months. If I apply now how long will it take to get the Visa.

    • The Visa Geeza

      3 Aug 2020 am31 10:55am

      Yes you need income as you must be able to support your spouse at a level beyond sustainance.


CommentLuv badge