New Content Daily Sign Up Here


How to Change From a Hong Kong Dependant Visa to a Hong Kong Employment Visa (Whiteboard Animation)

December 18th, 2017

Posted by / in Employment Visas, Family Visas, Sherpa / 2 responses


How to change from a Hong Kong dependant visa to a Hong Kong employment visa from 39,000 feet (whiteboard animation).

We are presently building the website for our new corporate services proposition, Hong Kong Visa Sherpa.

We are bringing a whole new line of content to help companies with more than 100 employees to do their cases by themselves without needing to pay for any professional help. This new website, to be launched in Q4 this year, will contain many new and interesting ways to help you answer your Hong Kong visa questions and help solve your immigration problems.

The Visa Sherpa website is a build in progress – check us out as we bring the product to life!

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

How To Qualify For a Hong Kong Work Visa – From 39,000 Feet (Whiteboard Animation)

How To Qualify For a Hong Kong Work Visa Under the Admission Scheme For Mainland Talents & Professionals- From 39,000 Feet (Whiteboard Animation)

What about your Hong Kong employment visa if you’re thinking of changing jobs

Should you ever get married just for Hong Kong visa purposes?

Paying for visa help? The Who’s Who of the Hong Kong immigration services industry


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

  • Harry

    10 Dec 2022 pm31 1:39pm

    I am likely to convert from Employment Visa to Dependant Vusa sometime this year. Does the duration of my employment visa carry over to depantnat visa in regards to becoming a permanent resident?

    For instance, I have been in Hong Kong under employment for 4 consecutive years, if I get dependant visa to a local resident would that mean I need 3 more year to PR status? Or I have to start again with the 3-3 rule for 7 years?

    Many thanks guys, you’ve been a big help during my stay in HK 😊

    • The Visa Geeza

      12 Dec 2022 am31 10:47am

      ImmD will issue you a new dependant visa with a new limit of stay (your employment visa status comes to an end and with it the limit of stay). However, the time spent under employment status will not be lost and will definitely accrue for PR purposes assuming you activate the dependant status whilst your employment status remains valid.


CommentLuv badge