Your Eligibility For A Hong Kong Employment Visa?
The 5 Factors In Play For Eligibility For A Hong Kong Employment Visa
1 – You need a credible sponsor
– this means, an established company which has been established for more than 2 years and which currently employs local staff, has offices and manifestly operates commercially in the HKSAR.
2 – Your job offer must be genuine
– the HKID are on the lookout for contrived employments for the purposes of assisting foreigners to secure residence and such arrangements usually stand out a mile as the Immigration Department are alert to this reality.
3 – You must obviously be qualified for the position
– and clearly in possession of special skills knowledge and experience of value to and not readily available in Hong Kong.
4 – Your terms of employment should be no less favourable
– than those which would be extended to a local person if such were available to do the job instead of you.
5 – The value of the employment should be suitable for the position
– and subject to an effective minimum of approximately HKD200,000 per annum.
Eligibility For A Hong Kong Employment Visa In A Nutshell
Consequently, the job you have been offered should be suitable for you, cannot be a ‘cheap’ employment, can’t be related specifically to language or cultural affinity and the job offer itself genuine and your employer credible.
Eligibility For A Hong Kong Employment Visa – A Specific Red Flag
Where there is a new company seeking to serve as your sponsor, this is a red flag to the Immigration Department, as are situations where there is a ‘top heavy’ foreigner to local staff employment ratio, the emolument is on the lower end of the scale and where your ‘specialness’ is language or cultural affinity.
More Stuff You May Find Useful Or Interesting
I Have Been Made Redundant By My Wife Is Working – Can We Swap Our Employment And Spouse Visas Around So I Can Become Her Dependant In Hong Kong?