New Content Daily Sign Up Here

Case Studies

Hong Kong Travel Pass Used to Keep An Extended Family Together – Quite Lawfully!

July 5th, 2012

Posted by / in Case Study, Family Visas, Visitor Visas / 12 responses


This case study discusses how the creative, yet perfectly lawful, use of the Hong Kong Travel Pass worked to allow a newly separated extended family from the Philippines to be able to carry on their lives together in Hong Kong even though a much-desired dependent visa was not available in their circumstances.

More Stuff You May Find Useful or Interesting

Visa Information on the Hong Kong Travel Pass

Losing unconditional stay status due to studies abroad – a family’s dilemma

I want to live in Hong Kong with my boyfriend – is the working holiday visa  a viable option?

I have an employment visa  and I want to bring my girlfriend to Hong Kong – options please?

Why applying for a Foreign Domestic Helper visa for your girlfriend is not a good idea


Please select the social network you want to share this page with:

The Hong Kong Visa Geeza (a.k.a Stephen Barnes) is a co-founder of the Hong Kong Visa Centre and author of the Hong Kong Visa Handbook. A law graduate of the London School of Economics, Stephen has been practicing Hong Kong immigration since 1993 and is widely acknowledged as the leading authority on business immigration matters here for the last 24 years.

  • karen

    28 Feb 2015 am28 6:46am

    Hello i have been appying a visitors visa for my mother but i recieved an answer from the immigration that saud they cannot grabt tye application no reason at all… Ihave given all the said documents they wanted me to produced fro the visitors visa application and now just like that they denied tye application. Im a permanent residence here in hk for 12 yes already. Please kindky give me an advice i wanted my mom to be with me because. I have a daughter and nobody will take care of her im actually asking a kultiple visitors visa here..

    • The Visa Geeza

      2 Mar 2015 pm31 8:40pm

      ImmD rarely grant long term multiple entry visas. If she is over 60 you can apply for a dependant visa for her. Otherwise, you need to manage your expectations and apply for single or double entry visas only with a 3 month limit of stay. These ‘lower demand’ visas are most often granted.


CommentLuv badge